From You Flowers - Late Delivery, Poor Value for the $$. Won't Use Again.
I ordered next day delivery for my cousin's 60th birthday, paying extra for a 10:30 AM delivery. I also have to add that I chose this company based on the representations and endorsements on their website, before I checked the numerous negative consumer reviews. On the morning of the scheduled delivery, I received an email stating that the flowers would be delivered not by 10:30, but by Noon. The actual delivery time was closer to 12:30, but the good news is that the flowers did get there. There was also a nice card with the sentiment I had provided. My cousin is a cancer patient so the date and timing were key relative to working around her treatment schedule.
Now for the bad news: first, the company applied a 20% online Google discount, but basically added that back (and then some) as a service fee. This was not communicated or evident until final checkout. Very misleading. Second, the quality of the arrangement was mediocre for the money. I paid extra for a "Premium" upgrade. The flowers were somewhat consistent with the website representation in terms of color and type, but clearly not as full or professionally arranged as they should have been.
I will also note that I stayed on this company's (!!!) "case" by email from start to finish -- like a "dog on a bone". If you choose them, be prepared to do exactly that. The BBB of Connecticut gives them an A+ rating, but it's misleading: that's only due to the # of complaints they handle which get recorded in the BBB system as "resolved", because they give people discounts, etc., for their mistakes. The bottom line is that they cannot do what they are in business to do: deliver quality flowers, as represented on their website, on time. The worry, disappointment, embarrassment and heartache are just not worth it. There are far better options with excellent customer service records.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flower Arrangement
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "I received a gift order from my fiancé who is in South Carolina for Valentines Day and was disgusted when I opened the package. The flowers when I took them..."
- "I ordered a premium Burgundy rose bloom with a nice vase. The roses were 59.00 and I received a tiny ugly vase of flowers with NOT ONE ROSE in it...."
- "I ordered an arrangement for a man with sunflowers, green poms, blue flowers, etc., because it was appropriate for a man. The arrangement he received did not have one..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "I recently attended a family wedding at Antun's of Queens Village this venue I must say that the service from the staff was far from what you would expect at an..."
- "Faulty delivery, items got stolen due to delivery through multiple countries e.g. Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, China,Japan etc. Still hasn't received my tablet pc yet, contacted customer service Which is very..."
- "Theres a *** sleeping at my branch on 39th street Queens Blvd.This is unsafe for the banks customers. He also took a dump in the garbage can...... the smell was ......."