From You Flowers - Late Delivery, Poor Value for the $$. Won't Use Again.
I ordered next day delivery for my cousin's 60th birthday, paying extra for a 10:30 AM delivery. I also have to add that I chose this company based on the representations and endorsements on their website, before I checked the numerous negative consumer reviews. On the morning of the scheduled delivery, I received an email stating that the flowers would be delivered not by 10:30, but by Noon. The actual delivery time was closer to 12:30, but the good news is that the flowers did get there. There was also a nice card with the sentiment I had provided. My cousin is a cancer patient so the date and timing were key relative to working around her treatment schedule.
Now for the bad news: first, the company applied a 20% online Google discount, but basically added that back (and then some) as a service fee. This was not communicated or evident until final checkout. Very misleading. Second, the quality of the arrangement was mediocre for the money. I paid extra for a "Premium" upgrade. The flowers were somewhat consistent with the website representation in terms of color and type, but clearly not as full or professionally arranged as they should have been.
I will also note that I stayed on this company's (!!!) "case" by email from start to finish -- like a "dog on a bone". If you choose them, be prepared to do exactly that. The BBB of Connecticut gives them an A+ rating, but it's misleading: that's only due to the # of complaints they handle which get recorded in the BBB system as "resolved", because they give people discounts, etc., for their mistakes. The bottom line is that they cannot do what they are in business to do: deliver quality flowers, as represented on their website, on time. The worry, disappointment, embarrassment and heartache are just not worth it. There are far better options with excellent customer service records.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flower Arrangement
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "I received a gift order from my fiancé who is in South Carolina for Valentines Day and was disgusted when I opened the package. The flowers when I took them..."
- "I ordered an arrangement for a man with sunflowers, green poms, blue flowers, etc., because it was appropriate for a man. The arrangement he received did not have one..."
- " ordered this bouquet for my mom's December birthday. I got ripped off!!! The bouquet she got was nothing like the picture and was missing the flowers in the description...."
- "Mike Naples honestly the first 4 days my friend and I thought everything was great. The food was delicious. We anxiously awaited but that soon stopped. The foods started to..."
- "December 22 I placed an order for a cable to use with my Blue-ray player. I was told 5-6 business days for delivery. I understood during the holidays my package..."
- "Been using them for about 5 years. Never had a problem. I enjoy making cakes, and wish i could Find and upload all the photos of each cake where i..."
- "I actually had an ok experience. You HAVE to read the fine.print. You HAVE to read the ordering instructions... ALL of them. You HAVE to order WAY ahead of time..atleast a month before..."
- "I ordered this for a 5 year old child's birthday. The item arrived weeks later - nowhere did it disclose on the site that it was coming from CHINA by..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."