From You Flowers - Terrible Trick to Play

fromyouflowers.com took my order very early morning...i paid extra for same day delivery...they waited until just after 4pm to call and feed me some BS about not finding a local florist. this is the middle of memphis and there are probably 20 florists within delivery distance. If this had been a special occasion, I would still be on the phone ripping them a new one! Typical terrible customer service these days. I have used many other online florists and never had any problems until these idiots. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE BECAUSE YOU MAY ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO SEND FLOWERS FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION AND ONE SLIP LIKE THIS IS PROOF THAT THEY DON'T REALLY CARE.

I also ordered from youflowers.com for sat 8/25/2012 delivery they called this am 8/27/2012 to say they are sorry no florist at this zip could deliver,this is a few miles from mayo clinic in rochester mn what do you think??? I did call direct to a local florist and sent flowers now all I have to worry about is them charging my cc.

As a professional florist, I understand your justified anger & frustration more than you know. What everyone needs to understand is that From you Flowers & most of the other online "florist" are not florists at all.

They're online order gatherers who take your order, charge you hidden fees & "delivery fees" which the actual florist fulfilling the order never gets, & sell you a bouquet at outrageously low prices that no real florist can afford to make as pictured at the price you paid. The actual florist ends up telling

From You Flowers that they need "$X" amount of money to fill the order as requested & From You Flowers then cancels the order or says just do your best to fill it to value. None of us actual florists want to look bad or send something that isn't what the customer is expecting but we're left with the choice of refusing to do the order because we can't afford to give you what you actually ordered or substituting a bouquet made to the value of the amount we were given & risking an unhappy customer who sees our name on the bouquet. You place an order with From You Flowers & spend a total of $75, but what the actual florist gets is maybe $50.

That's supposed to include our delivery charge as well. If you want to avoid these problems, stop ordering flowers from online "florist" & go through an actual florist with a brick & mortar store that actually makes the bouquets. Many of them are affiliated with FTD or Teleflora & have websites of their own. The customer service is a million times better, there are no hidden fees, you cut out the "middle man" & often times speak directly to the designer.

Your also supporting local & small business economy. We, as the real florists, get ripped off & lose sales everytime someone orders through these order gatherers. We may get an order from them for a total of $50 but we don't actually get paid $50.

Save yourself some grief & $$ & help your local florist out. Buy direct!!!

View more comments (1)
Loss

From You Flowers is a joke, stay away from them

My son sent me flower's for Mother's Day through this company. The flowers I received were absolutely disgusting. They were 25% dead and the delivery driver must have been a very heavy smoker because they reeked of cigarette smoke so bad, that they made my home smell as if someone was actually smoking inside (a never gonna happen thing). Oh and he paid for a balloon, which was not delivered. My son is Active Duty Military, serving in the US Navy so it took a few days for him to be able to tell me who he placed the order with. As soon as I was informed, I sent my complaint, which was very polite and well written and requested that they refund my son a minimum of 50% of his purchase, indicated that a 100% refund was preferred due to the condition the flower were received, combined with the fact that they were quickly dying. The response I received was one you all will probably recognize "Thank you for contacting From You Flowers. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your disappointment with your delivery. We would like to resolve this issue to your satisfaction." They offered to have new flowers delivered and my response was that a refund would be most appropriate. Then they decided they could not discuss the matter with me any further, that they needed to have the cardholder contact them. I explained again that he is in the US Navy, stuck on a ship, but ok I will ask him to call as soon as he is able. It was several days before my son could call and speak to them. By this time the flowers were already in the trash. He called and said they offered him a 15% refund or new product and asked my opinion. I encouraged him to demand a full refund, but if they stick to this offer then have new product delivered and be done with it. Well they would not budge, so he accepted new product. The following day I contacted them and expressed my disappointment in the way they handled the situation and in the way they treated my son. I was essentially told that they could no longer "˜legally' discuss the matter with me any further, that they have been in contact with the cardholder and reached a resolution. My response was to express to them how they bullied him out of a refund, quoted the guarantee posted on their website ("From You Flowers, LLC offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with our service for any reason feel free to contact us. We will either refund your money or redeliver a new product. The choice is yours! Problems are rare, but when they occur From You Flowers is available 24 hours a day to help you.") and proceeded to remind them that my son and I both requested a refund, it was refused, so their guarantee is a joke. I 'thanked' them for the respectful treatment of our Active Duty Military and their families. There were several emails exchanged, each one I sent was well written and full of thought, facts, and questions and every response was "Thank you for your recent order. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced while using our service. At From You Flowers, we strive to provide the best customer service possible." Eventually someone responded and said they would now provide a 50% refund. I pointed out to them that they just violated their own policy of not being "˜legally' allowed to discuss that with me. The email exchanges became comical, to say the least. The last two people to respond could not even put a complete sentence together. In the end my son will receive a 50% refund and a $20.00 gift card for future use. I essentially exhausted all efforts trying to get a 100% refund out of these people, to no avail. Even provided some free business advice to them, explaining that more often than not, it's the customer service that keep people coming back and encourages people to refer businesses, not the product. From day one, I offered to return the flowers to the florist so they could see and smell them, they never revealed who the florist was. In the end I was essentially informed that a 100% refund cannot be issued unless the product is returned. I offered to dig them out of the bottom of my trash can so they could be returned and my offer was ignored. Made it very clear that the bridge is burnt and we will never do business with them again and word will spread throughout the Military community to not use their service, etc. After a week of going back and forth with them, what I essentially learned is they really just do not care. There are other suckers out there who will still order through them, they will continue to receive complaints daily, they currently average three complaints filed with the BBB weekly, and they will continue to ignore their guarantee and hand out gift cards to appease people, because the majority of said gifts cards won't be redeemed. I intentionally wasted enough of their time dealing with my complaint, that I believe their cost to deal with me exceeded the money they received from my son. Oh and since they have a google ad, get people to google them and click on their ad, just for giggles. It's costs a small fortune for those clicks, I know because my company has an ad too. Bottom line, stay away from this company and spread the word to all you know to not do business with them.
ID
#320288 Review #320288 is a subjective opinion of poster.

From You Flowers - Did not deliver what was promised

100% customer satisfaction is not what I received. I ordered flowers to be delivered on Saturday to my little sister who had a big surgery on Friday. It is now Tuesday and she has not received them, and the surprise is ruined. I was hoping for a simple exchange, as the website promised and it has been nothing but. On the first day they didn't bother calling to tell me it wasn't coming. The second day I had to call and ask what happened to find out they were short a particular kind of flower so they didn't want to send it out without talking to me, maybe calling me that day would have been the first step. It was a mixed bouquet, how can you not deliver because of that?? I don't care what's in it, I won't even see it, make it looks good and deliver what you promise. They offered to add an apology card from them saying it should have arrived on Saturday, how would that make it better? That doesn't mean anything to her. The third day I call again, they say they will deliver. Well, she needed to go to a doctor's appointment because of the surgery so no flowers again. Why they could not leave it there for her, again I do not know. Instead they call her, surprise is totally ruined and hopefully they will deliver today. I have been offered a 15% discount which I noticed is offered to all customers that place an order with them, I already received it through an email asking how the non-existent delivery went because now I am a preferred member and a $10 gift card. Why would I want to order through you again? How have you earned that? Several times on the phone I mentioned I was not happy with what they have done to better the situation, yet they don't care. I asked for a larger discount today, she explained that I have this great 15% discount and gift card on the way and more or less hung up on me. I do not recommend this company. I don't know if I am even 15% satisfied.
From You Flowers Customer Care

From you flowers BEWARE!!

This is the worst company I have ever done business with! Not only will my step mother and my 80 year old grandmother not receive flowers on Mothers Day but my day is also ruined. I placed 3 orders on the 3rd of May and called and spoke with them several times to make sure my orders would be good. I was reassured every time that my ...orders were good to go. The first order that was supposed to be delivered on Mothers Day was delivered on Friday the 6th. I had two more orders left. I received an email at 400AM (on Mothers Day) saying they could not fulfill my orders. I called and "Alissa" said that she didn't know why I received the emails and that the orders were "on the truck". My family never received any flowers. Once again I called back and was told they didn't have florist in the area. I wanted to know why I was told that I was good to go and not told the truth so I could have made other arrangements. All they offered was "sorry" and a $20 gift certificate that I would never use because I will not do business with them again or any of their affiliates. They also offered to call my Grandmother and tell her sorry. REALLY? This may be the last Mothers day that my Grandmother sees and they want to tell her sorry?? They are only going to refund the money for two orders although they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I AM NOT SATISFIED!! This business DOES NOT care about their customers and I would not be surprised if the money is not refunded to my account in 1-2 business days like they said they would.
Loss