From You Flowers - Failure to give me what I ordered
I ordered three bouquets of flowers for Mother's Day 2014.FromYouFlowers lets the customer select sizes and gives the option to upgrade to a bigger, nicer arrangement, but these options are obviously nothing more than colorful buttons taking up unnecessary space on their website as my two "deluxe" arrangements contained only three roses each (these modest offerings cost me $50 per arrangement).
I could have purchased longer lasting roses at Vons for $9.99 and made four "deluxe" arrangements myself. My third bouquet was the largest offered, the "premium" arrangement. It was supposed to have pink daisies, pink roses, and a pink vase. The theme= pink.
This shouldn't have been complicated for anyone who has completed kindergarten and thus learned their colors. The bouquet that was delivered was every color of the rainbow but pink. It also contained no roses or any flowers that would be considered a focal point. My mother in law received a hideously arranged, rainbow colored bouquet of filler flowers.
Yes, I paid $75 for weeds I could have picked at the park. When I contacted FromYouFlowers, I was told to email them a picture so that I could prove to them that the ghastly grass and *** filled vase was clearly not what I ordered. I called back for an update a of couple hours later and was told that the correct flowers would be delivered the following day, Saturday- the day before Mother's Day. Late Saturday afternoon, after my recipient had spent the day waiting at home for the flowers and none had arrived, I called yet again to check the status.
I was informed that they had never actually placed the order and the earliest delivery available would be Monday. Yes, AFTER Mother's Day, and this was the occasion for which the flowers were ordered in the first place (two weeks early, I might add). I spoke to a manager at FromYouFlowers and he so very generously offered to reimburse 25% of the price of that bouquet. Twenty-five percent???
I could barely contain my laughter! My first two ordered bouquets were pitifully tiny in spite of their expensive upgrades, my mother in law received embarrassingly ugly flowers at work, I'd spent hours on hold trying to get all of this straightened out, and now my arrangement would not arrive for Mother's Day. And he offered me $18 in compensation. I would have given him an extra $18 to simply be done with their incompetent employees right then and there, but of course I kept this thought to myself during the call.
I reluctantly agreed- what choice did I have at this point, as Mother's Day was six hours away? After all the hassle, the redone bouquet was delivered on Monday. It was a humble ten red roses. Perhaps the florist was colorblind.
Perhaps FromYouFlowers failed to provide even the slightest description of my $75 pink bouquet. Either way, I paid $175 for the equivalent of a $20 gift card to the floral Department at the local discount grocer (technically $157 now, after my refund whose apology was about as sincere as an I’m-sorry-I-got-paint-in-your-chicken card). If you are in the market for an overpriced, quick to die, mystery bouquet that will likely be delivered to the wrong place (my second recipient watched out her window as her flowers were delivered to her neighbor), FromYouFlowers might be a good choice for you.
This might also work for you if your objective is to insult your recipient.Otherwise, steer clear of this company and save yourself a headache.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mothers Day Bouquet
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "I ordered the cuddle up bear and balloon with sunflower for my best friend's daughter, who is in the hospital. I was told the bear in the picture was..."
- "Livid!! I sent my mom what I thought was a beautiful birthday bouquet to her school in hopes of making the other teachers jealous but instead I'm sure she was..."
- "I have ordered few times & each & every time they charge extra and promise early delivery. It never happens. Including today's birthday delivery that I was charged about $5..."
- "We have complained to Starbucks corporate twice about their venti sized drinks at the Bakersfield, California locations being filled only to within 1-1/2 inches below the top of the cup...."
- "Nov 12,2015 we had a black out in Kern County, AT&T tower down, and after speaking 8 to straight talk representative I was told the SIM card went bad and..."
- "This solar company called me to install solar panels on my house about 9 months ago. Although, the person I was dealing with was nice person, can't say much positive..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."