Resolved

Update by user Aug 19, 2018

After sending (on paper) a 3-page letter to their corporate office, I received a call from their management apologizing for their service and refunded the full amount of my purchase. Additionally they offered a $75 credit to my account. (But I will not use it because I do not want to experience bad service again.)

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2018

I wrote the following letter and directly mailed it to their corporate office, Tenth Avenue Commerce LLC.

I am writing you to relay how unsatisfied I was with From You Flowers. When I first saw the site online, I felt very confident that the flowers would be delivered as requested, as presented, to be sent to my friend for his mother’s funeral. Unfortunately, the whole purchase was a catastrophe and I have nothing positive to say about my experience. I am hoping this correspondence will help your company review your current business practices and improve performance.

Order #405377408 was placed on Thursday 7/12/18 afternoon. It was a small bouquet, for a close friend whose mother had recently passed away. I requested to expedite the order (paid extra fee) to ensure delivery the next morning of 7/13/18 before noon, so that my friend could take it to his mother’s wake. I let the recipient know the flowers would deliver before noon, and to watch for them. Considering the total cost of the purchase was $144.78, I was expecting flawless delivery.

By noon on 7/13/18, the recipient texted me and had not received the flowers. This was very upsetting. Perhaps, there was a delay in traffic? I waited until 7PM on 7/13/18 and my friend said he still had not received the flowers. The order failed the requested time/delivery window, and it also failed to deliver the day it was scheduled.

At 7PM on 7/13/18, I called your customer service who could not give me an acceptable answer as to why the order was late. She mentioned one florist not having the flowers available, so the order was sent to a second florist. Regardless, the order should have delivered as scheduled if your system was working properly. I don’t think it’s an acceptable excuse of ‘not having flowers’ and ‘transferring it to another florist’ for the flowers to miss delivery. Additionally, I had to contact your company, and no one notified me there was a problem with the order. I also had to verbally request a refund for the expedited service that failed. It was never offered by customer service while I spoke to them about it being late.

The customer service representative said something about the system not having updated tracking by the florist, and the flowers could still be out for delivery, even up to 6PM. I told her, “It’s 7PM right now.” Her response was idiotic since I mentioned to her the recipient still had not received the flowers at 7PM. I stressed to please expedite this order tomorrow morning, as it has missed the wake, and it must deliver for the person to take it to the funeral on Saturday 7/14/18 before noon. She confirmed she would follow up to ship as requested for 7/14/18 morning.

On the morning of 7/14/18 at 9AM, I called your customer service once again to follow up to ensure the flowers delivered that morning, since by now, I was very concerned about the reliability of your company. I stressed the flowers must be delivered by noon because no one would be home because they would be at a funeral. Your customer service assured me they would follow up.

No one notified me with a follow-up call. No flowers delivered by noon on Saturday 7/14/18. My friend who was to receive the flowers, called me at noon saying he could no longer wait for the flowers, because he had to go to the funeral. Your company failed to deliver again.

In the afternoon of 7/14/18, I called your customer service once again, and advised them of failure to deliver. She mentioned something about not being able to get in contact with the florist after 2 attempts. Then I asked her why she just did not send the order to another florist who could fulfill the order. By now it was too late for the funeral, so I requested the arrangement NOT TO DELIVER ON 7/14/18 because no one would be home to receive the flowers. They assured me the flowers would reschedule to deliver on Sunday morning on 7/16/18. During the call I also asked for the phone number and address of the corporate office. She gave me a phone number, the same one I just called. I told her that’s not the corporate office. She said, “It’s the only phone number I have. I don’t have this information.” Also, I asked to talk to a manager and she put me on hold for about 4 minutes and never forwarded this call to a manager.

While my friend, the recipient, was out at a funeral on the afternoon of 7/14 (Saturday) the flowers delivered. No one contacted him, or myself of the delivery. The flowers were delivered in the mid-afternoon on Saturday 7/14 and sat on his porch in the 90 degree heat. When he arrived home, the arrangement in the box was wilted and dying. For this whole catastrophe, your company offered me a 50% refund on this order – a notification for the credit was never e-mailed to me.

I feel so disappointed at your company’s performance. Even with my efforts to ensure your operations were aware of the urgency of this delivery, they still failed to perform. It’s very unfortunate, I was hoping that purchasing from your company would be a nice experience. To put salt on the wound, while I was calling your customer service, hunting down the order in an attempt to ensure delivery, I received an e-mail from your company for a complimentary credit to use on a future delivery. I replied, “My first order never delivered.” When your customer service on the phone also offered a credit for future orders, I replied, “No, I do not want it. I never intend to do business with your company again.”

I hope this letter of complaint can serve to positively change/improve your company operations. I have several years of experience working in operations, distribution, logistics, and e-commerce. It’s very sad when I come across situations such as these. It is a clear indication executive management is not in touch with their operations, and the service aspect of their business, which should be customer satisfaction. Please check out this site and see all the complaints about From You Flowers: https://from-you-flowers.pissedconsumer.com/review.html. I wish I had known about this beforehand, as it could have saved me time and apologies to others for the atrocious service experienced doing business with FromYou Flowers.

Product or Service Mentioned: From You Flowers Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Guarantee is false, Can not like something that you never received, Unable to fulfill order, Whole experience.

Comments