Resolved
2.1
Style and Design

Update by user Feb 21, 2015

FromYouFlowers.com contacted me almost immediately by email and will be refunding 50% off my order. The customer service is excellent and I would like to change the 4 stars for customer service to 5 stars. However if I could, I would give the florist that was used a quarter star.

Original review posted by user Feb 21, 2015

My order was scheduled for delivery 02/17/2015. The arrangement was the Forever Missing You heart with the 3 roses trailing from the heart.

Let me tell you how disappointed I was with this order and following are the reasons why. First off, I realize there are differences in a picture of an arrangement and the actual one that you receive, but my heart looked nothing like the one you have pictured. In your pic, it looks as though there were 2 dozen red roses used. The heart I got had one dozen and the thing that appealed most to me about this heart was the trail of roses that cascaded from the heart.

That detail was so obviously missing. This was for my 8 month old grand daughter and I thought this heart signified how I was feeling, brokenhearted. Secondly, the amount of greens in your pic around the heart was significant and added to the beauty of the arrangement. The heart I received had so little greens, you could barely see them.

And lastly, I paid extra for same day delivery to the funeral home and received an email that the flowers were delivered to the funeral home that same day. This was not the case. On the day of the funeral, at 8 am cst, I had to call your customer service and ask where the flowers were, as they were not at the funeral home nor at the church. My girl's service began at 9 am.

I do applaud your customer service for quickly calling the florist, but the lame excuse they gave your customer service is quite unbelievable. The florist stated they kept the flowers at their shop to keep them fresher. More likely, judging by the appearance of the arrangement, either they forgot the order or pushed it to bottom. Seriously, it looked like it had been assembled by a child.

Millers Flowers in Racine did the arrangement and I know now never to use this florist ever and hope that in the future, you don't either. The flowers were delivered to the church about a half hour before her service began. I supplied you with my phone number so you could reach me if there were any problems with the order, although I cannot blame you that the florist lied about the delivery.

I am submitting an online review of this transaction, so that no other family, in their time of grief and sorrow, has to worry about their flower order. Very shoddy work to say the least.

Product or Service Mentioned: From You Flowers Arrangement.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Florist used.

Comments

As someone that works in the industry I wouldn't place blame on Miller's Flowers. What From You Flowers does is over promise, over charge, and then send it to a local person to try to deliver.

Let's say you order a $50 arrangement. They then charge about a $17 service charge, $5 expedited fee, and $4 same day. They keep all those fees. They then send the arrangement to the local person for $50.

That florist then takes out their delivery charge ($7-$10). The wire service that the arrangement is sent through also takes a cut out of a $50 order. 20% goes back to from you flowers, 7% or so go to the wire service (FTD, Telaflora etc.) and the rest goes to the person that fills the order. In the end the local person that is actually making the arrangement does not make any money.

This happens the same way for all large online order gatherers.

FTD.com, 1800-Flowers, Blooms Today all work the same way if you chose a florist designed order. Your best bet always is to call the local florist direct.